2017 is the 20th anniversary of USD Skates and we are celebrating it big time. We are releasing a limited-edition collection of USD AEON skates, resembling some of our most iconic designs as tribute to the most loyal skaters from the past two decades.
– MYFIT 2nd skin dual fit liner
– USD 61mm 90A wheels
– WICKED Abec 5 bearings
The rebirth of the hardboot:
– Unibody construction with lightweight one-piece shell, soulplate and frame.
– 60mm flat frame: counter-sunk wheel cut outs for lowest profile possible, internal reinforcements for increased rigidity, side sliders, 256mm wheel base (size 41 EU), 78mm groove width (size 41 EU), metal spacers.
– Aeon soulplate: perfectly shaped groove, reduced friction due to offset soul sliders, same width plates for controlled cess slides, optimized plate-frame angle.
– replaceable 45° Velcro Power strap
– 2-way rockerable V-Cuff
– Aeon Shock Absorber
– MYFIT Dual Fit Skinny Boy liner: 100% heat mouldable, adjustable, anatomical ankle padding with perfect heel lock, thin & stretchable front part, comfortable thick padded ankle part, laceable top part.
When USD decides to design a new skate, you can be sure it will be a game changer.
Once the decision to create a new aggressive inline skate had been made, we had to be sure that it would stand out from the crowd. We decided to break the rules that have been abided by for the past 14 years, and think outside the box – why does a skate need so much hardware? Is UFS really the best solution?
For USD, the Aeon would be about performance, the key word in the creative project. We designed an affordable, high performance skate that combines the boot and soulplate (unibody), minimizing hardware and moving you closer to the ground, enabling perfect control while at the same time maximizing the possibilities of larger wheel use with all the benefits of this new, low center of gravity.
You heard right. This skate is not UFS Compatible. Are we crazy? Consider this: UFS was invented as a standard mounting system many years ago and is optimized for a maximum wheel size of 60mm. But since its creation, larger wheels such as 72mm have become popular again, a wheel size that reminds us of the popularity of OG blading roots, allowing better roll while enabling great control and space to grind.
We are proud to announce that with our new unibody design our boot is actually lower with 61mm wheels than many other skates that use 58 or 55mm wheels.
Remember when USD made the first ever carbon skate for aggressive skaters? We took a risk, and revolutionized the skate industry, and now we’re doing it again. The USD Aeon has been designed from scratch to be affordable while being perfect right out of the box. If you’re worried about not being able to change the frames, complete unibody shells including soulplate and frames will of course be available straight away.
The USD Aeon skate is therefore a one piece, lightweight and comfortable skate with the lowest profile ever made, allowing for a whole new level of advance performance for street skaters worldwide.